- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 300g package frozen spinach defrosted, drained and squeezed dry
- 1/2 tbsp dill
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbled
- 2 eggs beaten
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 package phyllo dough defrosted
- 1 cup unsalted butter melted
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees C.Heat the oil in a medium skillet. Add onions and cook until transparent. Add the spinach, dill and flour. Stir until there is no moisture left from the spinach. Remove from heat.
- Put spinach and onion mixture in a medium mixing bowl. Add the feta cheese, eggs, salt and pepper. Stir.
- Place 1 sheet of the phyllo down flat and brush with the melted butter liberally. Place a second sheet of phyllo dough on top of the first and brush again with butter liberally.Using a knife, carefully cut the phyllo sheet into 6 strips. At the top of each strip place a small amount of the spinach mixture.Taking the top left corner of the first strip, fold down to meet the right side creating a triangle. Keep folding down to make a triangle until you reach the bottom of the strip.Repeat steps above until all the spinach mixture is used.
- Place each triangle on a greased baking sheet and brush with butter.Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
Please follow and like us: