Sesame Chicken Stir Fry
This stir fry is a delicious, quick and easy meal to have on a busy week night!
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 5 chicken breasts sliced
- 1 package frozen stir fry vegetables
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp garlic minced
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1 1/2 cup quick cooking jasmine rice
- 3 cups water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp water
- In a bowl, mix together the honey, soy sauce, ketchup, sesame oil, and garlic.
- Place chicken breasts in a large ziplock bag. Pour 1/3 of the sauce into the bag and coat the chicken. Place the bag of chicken in the fridge and marinate for a minimum of 2 hours. Place the remaining sauce in a container and set aside in the fridge.
- When ready to cook, heat the oil in a large frying pan or wok. Place the chicken in the wok and cook for 5-6 minutes. Add the vegetables and continue cooking until chicken is cooked through and vegetables have thawed. Add the remaining sauce and bring to a boil.
- Combine the water and cornstarch in a small bowl. Pour into the stir fry mixture and cook while stirring until thickened. Turn off stove and place a lid on top to keep warm.
- In a large saucepan combine the rice, water and salt. Bring to a boil.
- Stir, cover, and cook for 10 minutes.
- Place rice in a bowl and then add the stir fry mixture on top.
Please follow and like us: